VIP Section

Section for talking to SOADomized.com/Whore House Admin and Mods.
Cracker

VIP Section

Postby Cracker » May 15th, 2011, 11:50 am

Another forum I'm on has a VIP section for posting download links in on request and basically another section of the site for members with 100 posts or more (not spam). I didn't even know about it until the other day when I was told I was allowed into the area! Anyway, just wondering, do you guys want a VIP section or are you opposed. I'm kind of on the fence but leaning a little towards having a VIP section.

Now how do you set up a poll?
"In God We Busk!"

Ike

Re: VIP Section

Postby Ike » May 15th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Well, this is a SOAD forum so I don't really see the point of having a VIP section. What sort of stuff would be on it? Hacked accounts or SOAD related stuff?

Cracker

Postby Cracker » May 15th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Like things we aren't allowed to share openly. Basically on this other forum that put links to CD's and such, not like albums but single rips, or demos and such. Or songs that are related to the band, so like posting Viktor by Viza would be suitable because Serj is on it, but posting Rage Against the Machine in it just because Rick Rubin did the producing on both wouldn't quite kick it.
"In God We Busk!"

Yubalai

Postby Yubalai » May 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm

I don't like the idea. I am way too goal oriented and probably would go totally overboard if we had any ranking (even if 'just' an access to a special area) going on based on the number of posts...it happened with sf, will happen again. Not sure how bad that would be though.

Second, I think a restricted area would feel alienating to members who knew it existed but hadn't posted enough to gain an access. I know 100 posts isn't that much but still.

systemofadownlive

Postby systemofadownlive » May 15th, 2011, 6:01 pm

i think the file sharing section should be for members only

Yubalai

Postby Yubalai » May 15th, 2011, 6:10 pm

^^ I agree. It's weird that the DL section is open when the side projects one is for members only. Image

Ike

Postby Ike » May 15th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Plus, if you become a VIP member based on how much posts you have, people will start to spam just so they make more posts.

If you have any material that you think you would put in the VIP section, put it now, on a public forum :)

Cracker

Postby Cracker » May 16th, 2011, 3:15 am

^ It would be regulated, spam users wouldn't get through. Don't tell anyone about it either (obviously not those who've seen the topic).
"In God We Busk!"

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » May 20th, 2011, 8:45 pm

I don't think the VIP section is a good idea

About making the File Sharing section just for members, I'm not against it but I think it's fine the way it is. If the reason behind making it for members only is to get more people active on the forum, I don't think that's going to happen. They'll just register and download. If people wants come here to talk it has nothing to do with downloading stuff, that's the way it is now and I think it would be the same. I've been in many different forums for years and I know it. But then again, I'm not against it, it's not a terrible idea, but I don't think it's necesary

MaxxTankian

Postby MaxxTankian » May 20th, 2011, 10:13 pm

i Do think its a good idea, but with a code..That would be shared with only good members, .. know what i mean ? not spammers etc...
Pretending That We Live, Doesn't Make Us Alive...
You See My Pain Is Real...
Goodbye..

Return to “Crack House”