"Fucking" is done.

Discuss anything Scars on Broadway related in this sub-forum.
TheTruth

Re: "Fucking" is done.

Postby TheTruth » March 15th, 2011, 10:09 am

Id like to see new SOB album too, but i dintd give high hoper for that in near future, couse we all know how fast Daron works.. :roll: But if Fucking is kinda new direction for album i like it, couse so far Fucking is one of the best songs for me. Lyrically too.

And it's just me or Daron loks great with flying V?
2010.11.29 - Legendary moment
---
So close and yet so far...

toomerj-v2.0

Postby toomerj-v2.0 » March 15th, 2011, 2:37 pm

TheTruth wrote:But if Fucking is kinda new direction for album i like it, couse so far Fucking is one of the best songs for me. Lyrically too.

wow really? I like the song but it isn't a scratch on some of the other tracks from the album - I reckon it was a song that didn't make it onto the finished album and they had it lying around so thought they would release it for the fans before the show?

lyrically - it's a social critique on our obsession with sexualising everything, whether it be love, or our children.....and i applaude Daron for that. But I think there are songs on the album that strike a stronger tone than Fucking - Babylon for example is probably Daron's writing at it's best...

Anyway, I really doubt a new album is on the cards some time soon. If anything, there's probably gunna be a new System album sooner...and I doubt that will happen either! Let's face it, it isn't like Daron and John will need the extra cash after the upcoming tour!

I was thinking the other day....it's well documented how much Daron LOVES music, loves creating music etc etc....but he really....really must not like playing to a crowd...

He could easily have organised a small Scars tour/a few shows in small 1000 capacity venues....but he just didn't bother - why? It's strange...and my best bet is he lost some confidence and the lack of support Scars got (compared to SOAD at least) hit him pretty hard...This was made even clearer by his "If you don't like this band, you can suck my dick" outburst. The criticism the band/music recieved obviously had some sort of impact on him and the fact that the 2008 US tour didn't sell out must have also had an impact...

That is all purely my own speculation...but Kamixer..although I can never understand what you're really talking about, I get that you love Daron - don't wait around too long for some sort of long term return...it wouldn't surprise me if the SOAD tour is the last we see of them for a while!

Kamixer

Postby Kamixer » March 15th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Yeah toomerj v2.0 ... This man totally inspired me... You know... I started listen SOAD while I had 13 years(now I'm 18). I hated Daron in that times for everything... For his make up, for crazy emotions on stage and gesticulations... When I saw in 2008 World Long Gone music video...I saw a a beauty man inside with long beard... His eyes told me everything... By him i bought classic guitar and started learning how to play... Later I and my friend (we both listen SOAD) had an idea to made band in SOAD style..(I'm know that it's fuc*ing hard). I wanted to buy electric guitar, but some night I had a dream...I was in train,and I was going to the one of the train rooms.. There were one bald guy with Thunderbird...when he turned his face- I knowed this man from SOAD. That was Shavo! :lol: Not my big inpiration Daron, but his brother Shavo ;) He said: keep rocking man and he gave me an autograph :) Leter I knowed that becouse of him I should play on bass ;) But I wanted to combine bass and Daron's music style and everything...and I have now Iceman bass :lol: and I use picks while I'm playing, and sometimes spicy oriental riffs are just coming from my hands/brain :)

Daron is tottally tallented and original guy... I said some day: System of a Down is a Beatles of the XXI age, and Daron is John Lennon... That will be big failure when we lost him some day... like the others too... I'm just fucki*ng scarred becouse you know...Now SOAD returned,and they have too many turkish enemies... I'm scarred about that one of the crazy turkish people can made something evil on one from the band's gig. Shooted or something one of the members.They have really fuck*d brains.We don't know what they can do...
I just pray- I would that Daron don't ended his life like John Lennon..By crazy fan or friiky turkish man.. Every his word,music, and this what he give us- It's fuc*ing big,and I don't believe in a world without this man.. Yeah, maby I'm stupid but it is..

TheTruth-and Daron looks great with Flying V - True ! :D It's very good guitar for his style now ;) Iceman was great for old style... But... we will see how Daron will change his style for SOAD's gigs ;)

Sorry for bad english, people ;)

This Chemicals Makes Me Feel Like I'm eat this Shit...

mom45

Postby mom45 » March 15th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Kamixer wrote:Sorry for bad english, people ;)

No worries. I quite enjoyed your expression "friiky": "freaky" with an SOAD twist! I may start spelling it that way myself! 8-)

We still don't really know why Daron pulled the plug on the 2008 tour, other than it was something personal. I really doubt it had anything to do with sales. Part of the whole point was to play in small venues & build a following. And it's only logical that sales of the album would have gone up by far as a result.

I myself guess that Fucking was written some time after the release of the first album, as was Talkin' Shit. I think right there with those two you've got the start to another great album, especially if Daron "writes music like he changes his underwear" as Shavo said. :lol:

After this short reunion, as Serj is compelled to finish all the other things he's started, I'm REALLY hoping Scars will get serious again with another album and an even bigger & better tour with more awesome material under their belts.

They still "owe" me 3 shows, dammit!

:mrgreen:

toomerj-v2.0

Postby toomerj-v2.0 » March 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm

comparing Daron to Lennon? Really? Okay..but seriously, I get that he has inspired you, fantastic....but he's said it himself - he doesn't have any answers....the majority of what he says is a load of hippy, drug fuelled shit - don't let that fact that you idolise the man get in the way of the truth.

Daron is a great musician, he's a funny guy most of the time but he isn't some kind of godlike orator. He chats shit (in interviews anyway) most of the time.

In all probability, he's just a regular kinda guy who likes a quiet life and is lucky enough to make a very good living from music, otherwise he would be working in some random job like everybody else - and I'm sure he would freely admit to that..

let's not treat the guy like he is anything more than what he actually is - a musician...open your eyes to some truly inspiring people around you...go read some Orwell or something, that shit will really make you think ;)

hack

Postby hack » March 15th, 2011, 6:07 pm

I don't understand why they don't just release the album independently on the internet (a la Radiohead), fans would buy it immediately and they wouldn't have to deal with labels etc.

Kamixer

Postby Kamixer » March 15th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Mom45 you are very nice man ;) about Friiky I wanted to mean : Friik xD so probably that will be Friikly :D

toomerj- I'm know, maby Daron is rude,quiet and maby he don't made nothing bigger for world... but he is very original like I said, and I like this in him ;) He live by quiet life..he spend many time in home, he is a type of guy who don't like people, maby he is affraid when he see them all :? All the time, he were that.. but if you will really look for Daron from 98-2004 (interviews, gigs too, etc) you will se that he wasn't happy.. He said in one of the interview I remember: ,,I fu*cking hate people for everything how are they.. I'm getting older and I've got a hope that this idea will be changed in my time with age, but actually I hate them" . He don't felt happy I think in that times... Now he have friendgirl, 2 bands, and a lot of funny ideas for songs and changing world by them :P . You said that his lyrics are shitty? Maby there are for you, this is your opinion. Ok. But I think that I like this style you know? Serj first think, later write- Daron first write, later think :D this one is different xD Yeah, his lyrics are ugly and rude sometimes,but you know that Daron were active boy in teenage years :D (fights in school etc) so he have to give somewhere his frustation and anger :D And you know that he really can break heart by songs like : Lost in Hollywood, Lonely Day, Whoring Streets,Insane or 3005. That's pretty art from him for world! :lol:

Hack- yeah they should do that, but you know... Daron is a oerfect guy, What I mean ? I mean that he want to use visualization to give some pictures from his crazy head. I mean CD cover, and inside book.. But we can got a hope that with Fucking single is like with Cigaro...SOAD gave for all the world song,and a few months ago they realised a new DOUBLE album ;) (I don't espect double CD from Scars xD I want just one new)

ferranico23

Postby ferranico23 » March 15th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Kamixer wrote:Mom45 you are very nice man ;)
:?
System of a Down is shit without you!!

Kamixer

Postby Kamixer » March 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Ferranico :D what? :D You too xD :lol:

ferranico23

Postby ferranico23 » March 15th, 2011, 7:06 pm

^ nothing sorry
only that mom45 is a woman ;)
System of a Down is shit without you!!

Return to “Scars on Broadway”