Franky Perez thread

Discuss anything Scars on Broadway related in this sub-forum.
SerjTank

Re: Franky Perez thread

Postby SerjTank » June 10th, 2010, 11:09 am

Slasher wrote:Yeah.. but still it sounds strange with other vocals.

which is good, because Franky's singing..

Sugest

Postby Sugest » June 21st, 2010, 7:37 pm

streetwiseangel

Postby streetwiseangel » January 26th, 2011, 2:17 pm

I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread, so I'll just bump this one.

Franky Perez is going to be on an album called SIN-atra, where they make Frank Sinatra songs metal. He'll be covering "High Hopes"
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... metal.html

I used to have to sing "High Hopes" in elementary school choir :lol:

systemofadownlive

Postby systemofadownlive » May 25th, 2011, 10:05 am

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/lux ... gz-and-ra/
After their sold-out show at The Pearl in the Palms, System of a Down’s John Dolmayan and Daron Malakian watched Franky Perez perform at The Lounge at the Palms.

RiyaButler

Setup an Animation Studio in India

Postby RiyaButler » May 28th, 2011, 1:20 am

Appreciate it people really for messaging it worth's a lot to me .
I didn't realize there were a great number of studio's located in delhi..any kind of idea what kinda work they do?

brunobb1

Postby brunobb1 » June 11th, 2011, 10:31 am

wait, that was Franky singing? oO

holysong

Postby holysong » June 11th, 2011, 7:29 pm

man.... franky is really amazing, I'm not sure how well he would perform other people's songs or if he writes good music but to be honest, scars could get so big with him as the singer.

systemofadownlive

Postby systemofadownlive » July 1st, 2011, 9:23 am

interesting history of franky and SOAD
Bio:
In 1994 just as the Orange County music scene was starting to blow up malfunction was formed. Al James, Sean Clark and Darren Roberts had put together a band and just needed to find the right singer. After trying out 50 or so one day Al was in a music store and saw an add for a singer. That singer was 18 year old Franky Perez fresh off the strip of Las Vegas, Nevada and had just moved to Orange County, California to try and make it in the LA/OC music scene. Right away they knew Franky was the man for the job. They immediately went into the studio and recorded a 4-song demo and started to play the club circuit. Soon after Darren left the band and was replaced by Shane McLachlan. They then signed a deal with local indie label Conversion Records and went in the studio to record the 6-song EP entitled "FUSE". Available on CD, LP and cassette the album got worldwide distribution and a buzz was building. The band was playing with the likes of Korn, The Deftones, Testament, Prong, Lit, Coal Chamber and System of a Down to name a few. Suddenly on New Years Eve 1996 singer Franky Perez quit the band on stage in front of a sold out crowd at the Whiskey A Go-Go stunning everyone in attendance including his own band mates. Franky was young and had never been away from home for long so it was obvious that the pressure had gotten to him. He was replaced briefly with another singer but it just wasn't the same. About 6 months later Franky returned focused and with a new determination. The band signed to Velvet Hammer Management who also represented System of a Down and even opened for them at the Viper Room in Hollywood the night they were signed to Atlantic Records. Velvet Hammer was ready to break malfunction next but before they knew it Franky had left again but this time for good. The band officially called it quits soon after in 1997. Franky went on to pursue a solo career and signed to Lava/Atlantic Records in 2002. In 2003 he released the critically acclaimed album "Poor Man's Son" and today still plays the music he loves with bands such as Scars On Broadway and Camp Freddy.

And according to my info, they opened for soad on 08/28/1996 - The Roxy Theatre - West Hollywood, CA

And listen to their ep "Fuse", franky is unrecognizable: http://www.myspace.com/malfunctionfuse

Return to “Scars on Broadway”