"Scars On Broadway is now operational."

Discuss anything Scars on Broadway related in this sub-forum.
mom45

Re: "Scars On Broadway is now operational."

Postby mom45 » February 26th, 2012, 6:52 am

holysong wrote:Playing/doing everything singlehandedly usually means average quality unless Daron proves this wrong :geek:

Well yeah, that's what I was thinking, and again all I can compare this to is Serj and Elect the Dead. Although he did a fair job overall, it's seriously painful for me to listen to Lie Lie Lie on the album now since hearing Dan Monti's soaring guitar solo live. And Serj didn't even pretend to be a drummer.

Daron may be an accomplished drummer by now, but he will never play like John Dolmayan, and obviously he's okay with that. I have no doubt that the music will be fabulous otherwise, but I too worry that it will lack the passion and intensity that John's drumming brings to the table, and be "slower" or whatever.

It makes me sad that John's not on it. And the way his short FB responses read, I wonder if he is also sad that he's not playing on it.

:?

peter0025

Postby peter0025 » February 26th, 2012, 7:26 am

toomerj-v2.0 wrote:But in the mean time, those capable of contacting John, Danny etc...try and find out as much info as possible!

This!!!

I'm so excited right now. :')

Cracker

Postby Cracker » February 26th, 2012, 7:50 am

The thing I like most about Guns Are Loaded so far is the fact it does not sound remotely like a System song. Where as the first album at times did, this does not even remotely.
"In God We Busk!"

Sugest

Postby Sugest » February 26th, 2012, 11:37 am

peter0025 wrote:
toomerj-v2.0 wrote:But in the mean time, those capable of contacting John, Danny etc...try and find out as much info as possible!

This!!!

I don't think that enjoy a lot all those questions, but at least, we know more about the new album. And remember :
« My art is my personal life. »

systemofadownlive

Postby systemofadownlive » February 26th, 2012, 12:00 pm

i'm surprised he didn't have john do drums but i thought daron sounded good on the cypress hill track. We will have to wait and see if he can play the faster stuff like cute machines and serious.

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » February 26th, 2012, 5:30 pm

I undestard Daron wanting to do everything by himself, and I think it's a good thing for him. Me, I don't see a lot of touring, rather a few shows like they've done in the last few years

Teh_the_dark_lord

Postby Teh_the_dark_lord » February 27th, 2012, 1:39 am

I certainly hope they DO tour more than they did for the first album. Even if they hadn't cancelled that tour, there were NO northern California dates, much less San Francisco. I want to see them play SOOO bad.

I wish there were more active members on this forum. This is seriously the best place for SOAD related stuff.

Wolframium

Postby Wolframium » February 27th, 2012, 4:56 am

Greg's still writing "... and wait until you hear who else is playing on the new album ..."
yesterday's message. he didn't write "... you hear who is playing ... " - if he wrote this, we would have been able to count only Daron. But he wrote ELSE
I still think that not only Daron played instruments

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » February 27th, 2012, 7:35 am

Maybe guests on the album?

Cracker

Postby Cracker » February 27th, 2012, 9:57 am

My Money is on someone that the guys have vaguely worked with once before, and fairly well known in the SOAd community. Possibly someone in System, maybe someone else.
"In God We Busk!"

Return to “Scars on Broadway”