New Album and EP Coming

Discuss anything Scars on Broadway related in this sub-forum.
Cracker

New Album and EP Coming

Postby Cracker » August 31st, 2012, 6:07 pm

To coincide with the Deftones announcement was this.

A person in chatbox on here also (claiming to be Dominic from the band) seems to think it'll be out in September.
"In God We Busk!"

Sugest

Re: New Album and EP Coming

Postby Sugest » August 31st, 2012, 8:55 pm

This will be the bomb that we are all waiting!

Soeplepel

Postby Soeplepel » September 1st, 2012, 8:15 am

Maybe a studio version of Talkin' Shit. Can't wait!

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » September 1st, 2012, 10:33 am

If this is true I guess the EP will be out very soon!

Cracker

Postby Cracker » September 2nd, 2012, 6:20 am

Well of course it is true. It is on their homepage.
"In God We Busk!"

Kamixer

Postby Kamixer » September 3rd, 2012, 5:50 pm

I don't know if this is talking about the debut album from 2008 or new album ? Anyway... Interesting...

Scars has been three years in the making, much of that because Malakian believes in letting the music dictate, as opposed to deadlines and commerce. "Some people like going into the studio and saying, 'Hey, this week we're going to make an album,'" he says. "I just can't do that because I'm a little moody and I like different parts of my moods to come out in songs. I like taking a little time to sit there and see where I am in life at that moment and absorb that and let that naturally come out in the songs that I write as opposed to forcing it out."

Among the moods that came out naturally in the songs is something a lot of people can understand right now – frustration. "Whether it's a heavier song or a more moody song, one thing that brings them all together is a sense of attitude and a bit of frustration in the lyrics and the vocals," explained Malakian. Where does that feeling come from? "The frustration is personal and global and it all comes together; the world is like a mind-fuck, full of contradictions. You turn on the evening news and here's this really pretty blond lady telling you the worst personal things that you can hear on television, [like] suicide rate is up in Iraq. So there are all these things that are going on that people's brains are taking in and your brain doesn't know what to feel anymore. And that's why you have so many people going through depression and stress and anxieties and things like that."

Artistically though, both Dolmayan and Malakian are very emotionally satiated by Scars. In talking about his feelings when he listens to the finished album, Dolmayan says, "I take pride from it. It's like watching a child graduate from college. You're responsible for raising that child, making sure it's a good person, taking it to the next level and helping the child grow to be an individual. And it's kind of like that with these songs."

And Malakian's thoughts? "I feel that Scars is an evolution and a progression from where I came from, which is System, and it feels that way to John. When I listen to our songs this feels right, like this should be happening right now."

He trusts that when people finally do hear Scars on Broadway, they'll have the same feeling. "I can't wait for people to hear the songs because I feel it's some of my best material ever," he says. "I really am proud of the material and of what we've done."

This Chemicals Makes Me Feel Like I'm eat this Shit...

HEY-MAN

Postby HEY-MAN » September 3rd, 2012, 6:37 pm

^ Definitely the 2008 album.

Cracker

Postby Cracker » September 3rd, 2012, 8:09 pm

Yeah it was part of the press release. It seems the Scars site has reverted back to the old image with the Motel font. The image I posted though is from the site, you can right click and check.

EDIT - Because I went on the site I listened to the snippet again. I seriously can't wait for the album. I've kind of given up the ghost on Serj and System and I thought I had with Scars, but I realised the more I listened, how bitching the entire snippet sounds as it hasn't been bitch slapped by the compression stick.
"In God We Busk!"

mom45

Postby mom45 » September 3rd, 2012, 10:56 pm

I'm just teased but tickled pink about how John said the new album (that he had nothing to do with) was really good, by the way. I can't wait!

I do wish we'd get some hard news about when the EP and/or CD will come out. I plan to go to the live shows on Oct 20th & 21st, and I'd probably enjoy them more if I had a taste of the new songs beforehand.

Although I did attend Serj's very first solo gig in Chicago on Oct. 12th, 2007, 11 days before the Oct 23rd release of Elect the Dead. And we had a preview to some of the new songs, but not all of them.

I just think if Daron/Scars wants this tour with Deftones to promote his new album, he ought to have it available to buy by then.

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » September 4th, 2012, 6:16 am

I don't think Daron really cares about "promoting" but yeah, we probably should have something by then, at least the first single

Return to “Scars on Broadway”